Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Oh no! Not baby music!

So, I have successfully kept Syd from complaining about listening to NPR in the car but there are, of course, times she gets bored and fussy so I find myself singing "The Wheels on the Bus" until I'm hoarse. What I'm looking for is some kid music that doesn't make me want to poke my eyes out... I'm a bit of a music snob. If anyone has suggestions, please, please let me know! I did find this one website Rockabye Baby (when I was looking at the blog Tutus and Turtles ) which is cool & there a couple CDs I want to own-but I'm looking for "sing along" sort of music & less sleepy instrumental music. Let me know if you have any brilliant ideas!

5 comments:

stephanie said...

I don't know if this is what you mean, but I really like the Curious George soundtrack - and so did the 3 yr old I nannied.

Katie said...

You might want to try this...
http://www.amazon.com/Kids-Various-Artists/dp/B00006L7QX

Mrs. James Quigley said...

Steph's idea is good, Raffi is classic but can get annoying. I like folk music for kids, because I like too. Kids like songs they know or can sing around the house too. Let me know hwat you find.I am looking for new kid cds too. Look at the library and try some out. Our family's favorite was the Beattles. If I knew how to make mix cds I would.

Esther Noelle said...

Liv, Robby discovered a kids CD that OAR sings on and some other people like Bare Naked Ladies and stuff... It's called "For the Kids" - it's the third edition. OAR sings Itsy Bitsy spider... pretty cool... we should get it.

Anonymous said...

I have got just the cure for what ails you...I just released a product called That Baby CD that should be right up your alley. It features kid-friendly (but not dumbed down) acoustic cover versions of songs written by Neil Diamond, Fleetwood Mac, Joni Mitchell, 10,000 Maniacs, and many more. Check it out at www.thatbabydvd.com. I hope you don't consider this post spam, as it's EXACTLY the product you're looking for.