Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Don't worry, no preachy politics...

Okay, so I am careful not to really talk about politics except with very close friends but I have noticed a few people mentioning that they have no idea who to vote for in the primary election & maybe they wouldn't vote, (most of the time the national elections are easy because you feel like you just vote Dem or Rep) & some people aren't ready to put the time into really researching the candidates. Well, instead of just not voting check this cool link my friend Malea emailed me. It asks your option about key political ideas & how important they are to you. Then creates a list of the politicians that have similar political agendas (it even tells you what you agree & disagree on)

2 comments:

Shauna said...

im pretty into politics these days and especially with the primaries, and i did this for fun and it was right on to the candidates that i feel best support the things i care about.

very accurate. cool liv!

Mike Kessler said...

Wow, what a brilliant idea! When I was a kid way back in the 1960's, I remember my parents discussing issues and which candidate best represented them. It didn't matter what party the candidate belonged to, it mattered what issues they believed in. They never voted straight-ticket, they voted for both Republicans and Democrats depending on who best represented their values, and sometimes it wasn't a member of their party. That's how I vote today, and it's nice to have this tool that helps me figure out who is on my side.