Thursday, November 15, 2007

Pre-Thanksgiving

We had an awesome "Pre-Thanksgiving" dinner with our friends. All of my friends are going there own way for the holiday so we thought we'd get together for some food & it was SO GOOD! I was asked to share my sweet potatoes recipe- yummy, yummy (so good it was like a dessert)!

SWEET POTATOES

2 1/4 lbs of sweet potatoes or yam (I like yams)
1 cup half & half
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 tsp salt
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 large eggs
cooking spray

Topping:
1/12 cups mini marshmellows
1/2 cup flour
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 tsp salt
2 tbs chilled butter (cut up)
1/2 cup chopped pecans toasted

1. Preheat oven 375 degrees
2. Boil potatoes until soft (I brought it too a boil & tunred it to medium for 20 min or so). Cool & then peel.
3. Put potatoes in bowl, addhalf & half, 3/4 cup sugar, 1 tsp salt & vanilla.. Beat with mixer until smooth. Add eggss & beat again. scrap mix into 13 X 9 pan (sprayed with pam)
4. For topping sprinkle marchmellows over top. Then mix flour, sugar, salt in a bowl (I added cinnimon b/c I love it but not everyon eloves it like me!). Then mix in cold butter buy cutting it into little pieces (it'll be chunky). Then add pecans. Sprinkle ontop put in the oven for 30 minutes. SO GOOD!

1 comment:

Katie said...

Great idea! Looks like a fun time.