Thursday, April 30, 2009

Dear Keanu Reeves,

Oh, poor Keanu Reeves... you really are a wooden actor.

But your unchanging serious expressions in the face of absurd circumstances, monotone voice, & kind of creepy beady eyes have made you perfect for some movies.

One example was the Carter families Monday movie night pick, The Day the Earth Stood Still. A strange & occasionally terribly acted film whose one bright spot was your straight faced alien delivery of lines such as "My body is human".

Seriously though, casting you in movies as aliens or robots is PERFECT. Some how that blank look behind your eyes has worked for parts in Johnny Neumonic or the Matrix.

I do like you & movies you've been in, but let's just keep you in the non-human, or very jaded human department. Movies where I have to actually believe you have feelings are difficult for me.

I'm just saying. ANYONE ELSE WITH ME HERE?

7 comments:

Just SO said...

I do believe that The Day the Earth Stood Still is in my Netflix Que. Should be interesting.

Katie said...

Ahhh, my sentiments exactly! I have discussed this in detail with Chad, who also agrees.

Esther Noelle said...

Really all those movie covers did the same "show half of his face" thing? And your picture with the dvd cover is awesome. And I like that hoodie of yours.

Prof. Wright said...

From my point of view, Keanu is just one of the very few well-known actors who don't overexpress their emotions. He reacts roughly like a normal, balanced person would in real life.

(Disclaimer: Ashley made me read this because I <3 Keanu.)

brooke said...

very very true!

...as for the swine flu, all our schools and public buildings/events are closed until May 11th. Apparently some locals went down to Mexico and licked some sick pigs.
We're very affected and its pretty ridiculous!

Clayton Zaugg said...

Though I completely agree with you on this, I have to say I also feel sheepish for really l liking The Lake House and even got it on Blu-Ray...

Do I stand alone on this one?

Holly said...

I can't believe Marni hasn't commented on this yet. She really really LOVES Keanu.