Monday, October 12, 2009

My Young Women

While shopping, I ran into a couple of the Young Women I work with in my church. They were loitering at the grocery store close to my house- apparently a hot spot for the youngin's to chill.

They knew that place like the back of their hand- my shopping was cut in half with them showing me around.

Not to mention where all the samples were too (I think they must not need to eat dinner at home with how much crab dip they put away).

One of teh samples they introduced me to is BEST dang "non homemade" humus I've ever had. It was a roasted red pepper kind & I've eaten half of the container already. No really. But it's that good.

Go try it now, and next time you need help grocery shopping, give these ladies a call.


11 comments:

M said...

Oh man, I'm so excited that you discovered Sabra hummus! It is seriously the BEST hummus known to man--and this from a woman who lived in the Middle East, the birth place of hummus, and has ingested an insane amount of the stuff. This discovery will change your life.

Cranberryfries said...

a) every time I go there, I see someone from their family there. The boys the girls, someone! Hilarious

b) I haven't tried Hummus. The name scares me.

c) I love that you took their picture! Did you tell them you were gonna blog it? :)

Olivia Carter said...

M- Oh man, if you give it the okay, then it really must be good. Not just "Utah good". Like seafood here!

Debbie- I know really... they chill there A LOT! And you are coming over to my house and having hummus right now. It's just chickpeas and sesame seed paste. Nothing too "out there". And the girls were like, "PLEASE BLOG ABOUT US!" I sure love them!

Katie said...

Mmmm, sounds good. I will have to look for it.

anelieze castrejon said...

i am a big fan of hummus! sabra is the best, too. i always have some in my fridge :) that and really good tomatoes & fresh basil to make some bruschetta!

Olivia Carter said...

Katie- Yes, go now. It's so good.

Anelieze- If I always had this in the fridge i'd probably bleed hummus considering how much I ate! I also love bruschetta- my friend Es makes the best I've ever had!

Holly said...

That hummus is seriously the best ever! I love the one with pine nuts in it. YUM!!!

Olivia Carter said...

Three- Oooo! I love pine nuts too. YUM! Hummus is good for me, right? Like relatively speaking. Probably not "good to eat a whole container in 3 days & wanting to go back for more" good for me.

Cindy said...

Sounds good, so far, my fav hummus is one I've had from Trader Joes - it's their spicy hummus and its SO DANG GOOD!!

April Carter said...

I have had this before...and yummy good.

Olivia Carter said...

Cindy- Oh Trader Joes, how I love that place & wish I could go grocery shopping their. They had the best cherry cider I've ever had SO GOOD

April- i know, really! Come eat it with us!