Friday, January 15, 2010

Dollar Movie

It's coming to the apex of winter here in Provo. It stays cold pretty much into March. It snowed the day Syd was born (March 20th).

Mid-January is about the time when we start going crazy. Today was one of those particular days. The kids & I were just getting on each others nerves.

I decided to take matters into my own hands in the form of "Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs" at the dollar theater.

Candy was purchased next door & we snuck it in...


But I don't feel bad because we spent a ridiculous amount at the theater on popcorn & a soda (while the kids danced in line with excitement)...

And Rob fell asleep about 45 min in, despite the LOUD movie & me trying to shake him awake...

All in all it was a good way to beat the winter blues that were sneaking up on us.

7 comments:

Katie said...

Fun! Wish we had a dollar theater, but I can't complain too much because it was 60 degrees here today.

Susan said...

We should do that some day! :) We were thinking about calling you guys tonight for a game night too!

Ashley said...

I wish we had a dollar theater! We definitely need to find some good indoor activities to make through till April when the sun shines again!

Chad Coleman said...

Nothing beats the Dollar Theater - That was our bread and butter when we lived in Provo - they still doing $.50 Tuesday's? For some reason we always went completely out of our way to ensure we hit up the Theater on Tuesday's to jump on that deal - Sometimes I really miss the Provo/Orem area...good times.

Cindy said...

I hear you! Those long Provo winters are hard! I'm having a hard time here too. We haven't been out much in awhile because it's just to cold (and gloomy). Lots of fog- ick... I'm done with winter! Great idea taking them to the movies! Looks like fun (and soda and popcorn always make for a fun time!)

April Carter said...

I went and saw Leap Year last night. Now I want to go Ireland. Those kids are so cute. Rob is perfect at the movies...he never makes a peep (:

Olivia Carter said...

Katie- 60 degrees?!? AH! I'm jealous!

Susan- Yes, please call & next time we go I'll TOTALLY CALL you. That'd be fun!

Ashley- Oh man, I have a HUGE list of activities to do indoors when I'm going insane.

Chad- Yes, .50 cent Tuesdays are INSANE! You have to get there like an hour and a half before the movie. Scott vehemently refuses to wait that long for a bad theater. So, we usually pay the .50 more for a less busy day. But, yes, MOVIES 8 is the heart of Provo!

Cindy- I know it's COLD everywhere lately. It's wild. And I actually had a REALLY good time at the movie.Great indoor activity.

April- I know... he hasn't made it through a movie yet. We need to see a kid version of Spiderman or Wolverine I'd bet he'd stay awake & we really need to go earlier. Or not. :)