Sunday, January 9, 2011

Portraits by Syd & Rob

For Christmas I asked Syd & Rob to make portraits for the grandparents. When we made Scott's parents one Rob wasn't interested at all. So Syd did it all:


We just bought a long canvas, gave her a bunch of acrylic paints, & had her draw the whole Carter family. She LOVED it!


The second time around Rob & Syd were both excited to draw pictures for my dad:

You can really tell how different the two of them are by how their pics turned out. Syd draws her people now pretty much the same way she did when she was 3 so I don't think it's just an age thing.

Rob spent a ton of time meticulously mixing colors in the background & Syd was more interested in getting the figures just right. Both of them had a blast!

P.S. Rob's reminds me a little of this famous painting.

14 comments:

Michelle said...

What an excellent idea! And..Syd's haircut is super cute on her.

Unknown said...

That is an awesome gift idea! Are those bellybuttons? cause that's just adorable

M said...

I see the makings of a couple of great artists here. I'm so glad I already have an original Sydney (portrait of Bob Mimby) taped to my door.

TLF said...

Aww.. those are fabulous!!

Smithy said...

very cute. my favorite part of receiving cards for your family

Katie said...

I love this gift idea, and I love the results.

Audra said...

I guessed Rob's looked like The Scream! Great artwork from both of them!

April Carter said...

Both are beautiful and we love our painting! Yeah for Picasso and Van Gogh

lexylou said...

I love craft time with the kiddies! Those are just great! I really like the long canvas idea!

anelieze castrejon said...

thanks, liv!

i absolutely LOVE this idea. stealing it and putting in my "awesome to do when i have kids" file. :)

Anonymous said...

Rob is quite the little artist. The Scream is my favorite painting.

Cranberryfries said...

Love this idea. Something i think grandparents would certainly treasure!

Esther Noelle said...

Wow Syd's big one is quite impressive! Such different personalities manifested in their paintings...

Susan said...

These are beautiful! I love this idea. I definitely need to let Ez paint more.