Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Willie

Rob & I went to the pet store during our "Syd's-in-preschool" alone time.

While there I passed by this cage:


I thought, "Aw, whatever that is, it's cute.":

Then when the creature in the cage heard Rob & I milling around he sat up & looked at us:

And I realized he's got crazy demon eyes. But just one (eye that is).

And I looked at the note attached to his cage & it is in fact true.

He was born with one-eye!

We already have a hyperactive dog & a hermaphrodite kitty. I think adding a demon eyed, potentially albino, one-eyed ferrett to the Carter family circus would be a nice touch.

Too bad they gross me out & smell awful. Otherwise little Willy (as I named him after the Goonies "one-eyed Willie") would be snuggling with my right now.

9 comments:

Ashley said...

Ferrets really freak me out, but Roy is dying to get one. I told him we can get one when our youngest is potty trained. No way I'd get a one-eyed one though!!

stephanie said...

$4000!?!
Snuggling with a ferret does not sound like a good time to me. And, sorry to say, but I do agree that he would fit in with the rest of the pets at the Carter home!

Em and Russ said...

Ferrets can be so sweet . . . . .

I'd love a ferret, but not a $4,000 one.

Russ

lindsey said...

I think the sign reads 39.99... I love ferrets. A friend of mine (to remain unnamed since it illegal in ca to own one) had a wonderful ferret that was so tame they allowed it to run the house. It was so smart and friendly. I have always wanted one. I loved my sugar gliders too, but we've come to realize we like to travel too much to own mammals.

Olivia Carter said...

@Stephanie & Russ- yeah it's $39.99. $4000 would be crazy talk. The poor demon ferret was actually cheaper than the non-one eyed ferrets. I felt bad for the poor thing.

April Carter said...

Don't let Jeff see this. Yes, they can be nice...but they do smell horrible. I am sure One Eyed Willie will get a nice home. I like the name choice.

Emma-Jayne said...

Wow, I love ferrets, my dad used to have 3 of them when we were younger and I loved them, but then at that time we did also have - 2 rabbits, 3 hamsters, 8 goldfish, 10 chickens, 1 very noisy cockerel, 2 cockateils, 3 chipmunks, 1 dog, 1 guinea pig and a few stick insects. My sister wanted to be a vet when she was little I think zoo keeper was more like it. x

TLF said...

My boyfriend has been BEGGING me to get a ferret.. I keep telling him that I've heard they smell awful!
I'd prefer a sugar glider. They seem easier.. lol

Anonymous said...

Aw, I totally would have taken him home because of him only having one eye.