Tuesday, April 17, 2012

RECIPE: Raw Almond Joy Cookie Balls

So, I've switched my diet around & have given up a lot of foods (I'll have to do a longer post on the "why" of it some other day) which includes all sorts of stuff like refined sugars, preservatives, etc, etc, etc. It's a long list.

Anyway, I still have those sweet cravings. Oh mama, do I have sweet cravings! But I've opted for some "raw foods" treats to indulge in every once in a while to help curb my sugar appetite so I don't down a whole box of Drumsticks Ice Cream (...not that I've ever done that before).

One of my favorites comes from my lovely friend, talented writer, & resident health food genius Rachel.


And here we go... "Raw Almond Joy Cookie Balls"

Start with ingredients:

Almond Cookie Balls
3 cups unsweetened coconut (buy this in the bulk section of WinCo or GoodEarth)
1 1/2 cup almond meal (I used almond meal but you can make it yourself with almonds)
1/2 cup agave
1/2 cup pure maple syrup
1 TB vanilla
1/3 cup coconut oil
1/2 tsp sea salt

Mix it all together & scoop or form them into balls on wax paper.


Chocolate Sauce (to top the cookies)
1/2 cup coco powder (I used raw cacao- it's one of those fancy superfoods & I got mine at GoodEarth)
1/2 cup agave
2 TB vanilla
1 TB coconut oil
pinch of salt

Just wisk it all together, top the balls, & enjoy!

Try them out & let me know what you think!

Does anyone else have a good raw food/"better-for-you" treat recipe to share?

1 comment:

Smithy said...

yum! these are so tasty, pls make extra and give them to me and i will pay you for supplies.