How to make cupcakes look really cute without doing much:
1. Buy a jar of frosting. Buy & make a box cake and box brownies (if I were to do this again I would make the brownies thinner- so a bigger pan or less brownie mix in the pan).
2. Buy small cookie cutters- this was harder. I finally found this one. Spray the cookie cutter with cooking spray (you'll have to do this a couple times between cutting out the brownies).
3. Cut out the brownies. There is a learning curve- you'll have to shake them around & pull them out semi-carefully.
4. Frost. I got a tub of frosting from the grocery store. I know cooler people than me always make their own frosting, but I am not that cool. Nor could commit the time (also make sure you have a frosting test taster).
5. Put the brownie hearts on the top.
6. Present them! (they got quite a reception because A: cupcakes are always cute B: brownies are always tasty 3: it looks like you worked SUPER hard on them)