Meagan, turned me onto these decadent little treats &, you guys... they are to die for.
And they are terrible for you, which of course means they are the best things on the planet.
I made them last night & nibbled at them all night, all morning, and now that it's mid-afternoon let's not talk about how few are left.
Basically what I'm saying is go make & enjoy them.
32 caramel square candies
1/2 cup heavy cream
3/4 cup melter butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 cup flour
1 cup rolled oats
1 tsp baking soda
6 oz semisweet chocolate chips
1. Combine caramels & cream in a small saucepan over low heat. Stir until completely smooth; set aside.
2. In a separate bowl, combine melted butter, brown sugar, flour, oats, & baking soda.
3. Pat half of the oatmeal mixture into the bottom of an 8x8" pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
4. Remove pan from oven & sprinkle chocolate chips over crust. Pour caramel mixture over chocolate chips. Crumble remaining oatmeal mixture over caramel. Return to oven and bake an additional 15-20 minutes, until the edges are lightly browned.
5. Remove from oven & cool completely before cutting.