Saturday, November 10, 2007

Crack is hidden in these pages....

Okay, I am embarrassed to admit this... but a bunch of people have mentioned that this book TWILIGHT is SO GOOD- so I decided, "Great, I need a new book, I'll try it out"

I went over to Borders and asked at their desk helper "oh, that's in the very front", she said. We walk to the front of the store and, don't worry, there are stacks and stack of them (apparently there are 3 books in the series). When we checkout the checkout girl says "Have you read this?" & she gushed for 10 minutes about how I will love it.

So, at that point I am super excited to read this book... I start the first few pages & realize it takes place in high school. High school? Wow- that is SO FAR from my mind right now... but I sat there entranced by it. I got it 2 days ago, now I'm done. Seriously, there must be some drug in the pages of this book because I couldn't put it down & I'm not sure why I liked it so much. I'm even shy of recommending it- but if you get a similar copy, like mine (the one with the drugs in it) you can' t help but like it!

8 comments:

Jennie said...

lol! my copy was laced w/ some sort of seriously addictive substance as well! I couldn't believe how into these books my friends were and then I finished the first one in 36 hrs....can we just call it a guilty pleasure?

Katie said...

I am on a waiting list of 30 people to get my copy from the library! Glad to hearanother recommendation!

Esther Noelle said...

I considered for a second waiting till my trip on Thursday but figured why wait? Maybe, or surely, you'll be done with the second one by then so I can maybe borrow that! :)

Anonymous said...

Exactly, reading the series is like a guilty pleasure. It's been about 2 months now since I've read the first book. I ordered the second a week ago and it hasn't arrived yet! I just can't be patient anymore...

Olivia Carter said...

Oh don't worry, I'll be done with the second book in plenty of time for you to take the second one with you- maybe the third too!

Shauna said...

i guess my copy didnt have drugs.....

it felt a little jack weylandish. And i mean that in the nicest way. i kind of feel like maybe my copy was filled with a different book? cause i seem to be the only one he doesnt like it.

Lindsay Jane said...

I'm at page 100 and am not addicted...but it took my roommate to 150 to fall in love and she stayed up all night to read it. We'll see...

M said...

Hmm, I also thought it was an intriguing story with some novel ideas about vampires, and I was eager to get to the end, but I didn't stay up late reading it. The writing was kind of cheezy and stilted at some points. I'm sure you've learned by now that the author is LDS and lives in Provo (I think).