Sunday, December 30, 2007

CATCH UP: A couple of the things I made for Christmas

My dad is a costume designer, artist, computer wiz, & an all around Renaissance man. I decided to make him this neat pencil case with a new set of Primsa pencils (the best colored pencils). It turned out really nice. My friend Linds requested that I make her one to hold her makeup brushes. It was fun & I'm glad it turned out pretty!


My friend Esther had been talking for months about wanting a library bag to take to & from the library to hold books. So, I went to this little discount fabric store & found some cute blue with brown polka dot canvas material. It also ended up cute- I need to make myself a couple (but a bit bigger) for groceries.

I decided to make aprons for my two sister-in-laws & my mother in law. They were much, MUCH harder to make than I expected. I'm kind of a "do-it-yourself" sort of girl but this time I used a pattern so the first one took FOREVER! Once I got the hang of it I was able to crank the other two out & one for Sydney too (to go with her little play cooking set we bought her). This is something I DEFINITELY want to make for myself.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The colored pencil set is wonderful. The choice of fabric colors, the weight of the backing, the construction, the design. . . it is all perfect. I will immediately put it to good use.