Saturday, December 15, 2007

I'm sure at some point this will be a compliment...

My conversation with the receptionist girl at Robert's helmet appointment as she leads us into the helmet casting room:

"Are you their nanny?"
pointing to Syd & Rob
"Umm.... no... why?"
"You look too young to have two kids, how old are you?"
"How old do I look?!?" with a note of petulance in my voice
"I don't know... 17?"

Really? Do I look like I'm a junior or senior in high school?

PS I couldn't find a picture to go with this blog so here's a cute one of Syd while I was out & about yesterday- she's so cute!

2 comments:

Katie said...

It is a compliment, trust me. People used to tell me all the time that I looked young, and now they really don't, and it kinda worries me!

Esther Noelle said...

That story is hilarious! :)