Wednesday, January 9, 2008

"Princess"...

So, Sydney's vocab has just exploded! When we were at the store the other day she looked over & said "princess" pointing to a Disney Princess Cup. I was floored! How does she know that word? I wracked my brain trying to think when I pointed out any Disney princess. Maybe at the Disney store in early December? Wow! She was such a smart lil' one that I bought it for her. I wish someone would reward me for words I know... I'd say something like "Tiffany's" or "Vanquish".

PS Why don't they make cute sweatshirts like the one she is wearing in my size?

4 comments:

Lindsay Jane said...

I am so glad she's getting into characters...here come really ugly presents from Auntie Lindsay!

Smithy said...

that's one smart cookie you got there!

Anonymous said...

As a child her age you were very smart and quick to pick up things. I remember on the drive to Roosevelt to visit Dinosaur National Monument, your grandmother was trying to get you to say "Olivia" correctly, all the while berating me for giving you a weird name with 4 syllables. We drove past a motel with a huge plaster dinosaur and you pointed and squeeled "Brontosaurus!" in perfect English.

My mother was stunned, but not for long. An hour later she cornered me at the museum and asked, "How could you raise a girl who can say brontosaurus and not her name?" (As usual, it was a moral failing on our part.) I told her, "Just you wait. That's only the first of the many times she'll shock you with her intellect and independent spirit. Hang on, it will be an interesting ride." Over the din of the museum we heard you call out "Triceratops".

Esther Noelle said...

Love the story about Liv, Buckley! :)

Liv I died laughing... "TIFFANY'S! Anyone? Anyone?" Ha ha... Oh to be a child again with all your needs met!