Saturday, October 18, 2008

REVIEW: ClearPlay DVD player

Scott & I have had a ClearPlay DVD player for almost a year now. It's a DVD player that edits movies as you are watching them- so they take out swears, gore, sex, etc. (I know all the best parts, huh?)

For a while we had edited movie rental stores, but they went out of business so now this is the next best thing- it just pulls out the parts that are "too" much. Anyone wanting to try it out come on over to the Carters house.

You have to play with the settings because if "sex" is on the high setting you don't hear sentences like "Are you having sex with your girlfriend?" or if "gore" is high then you don't see blood on a doctors gloves.

Now I am sure there are you naw-sayers out there & I totally understand where you are coming from. I used to be there, but a fair bit of movies are too much for us & with kids it's been a great purchase.

2 comments:

Esther Noelle said...

We should watch a show with you guys to see how it works. Now if it came in blu ray.... ha ha...

Unknown said...

I used ClearPlay for several years. Actually I had some problems with ClearPlay player. That's why I am currently using an awesome technology called " enJoy Movies Your Way ". I found few great advantages with enJoy Movies Your Way comparing with ClearPlay. This devices is fully customized. So anyone wants to skip any scene he/she wnats, but with ClearPlay they did not perform this, It works as previously marked. If you could emphasize some of enJoy Movies Your Way's strengths, I would appreciate it.