Thursday, January 1, 2009

Merry Christmas, Oregon!

We had a GREAT Christmas Day in Oregon- the only dark spot on our trip...Can you spot those jolly cop car lights behind us? That's right... pulled over for going 5 miles over the limit on the freeway ON Christmas Day. The cop was, to put it politely, lacking in holiday spirit.

We drove through nightmare conditions like the picture below & when it FINALLY cleared up & we could drive faster than 35 MPH, we get a ticket. Curses!

But... $108 ticket later we made it to Portland to have a wonderful Christmas break.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

At least you had the good humor to take a picture of the cop. I recommend you contest the ticket. There is nothing to lose. At least you can avoid points on your record that will increase your insurance rates.

Ashley said...

We got pulled over yesterday just as we pulled into Kirksville! We were literally 5 minutes from our house! The cop didn't give us a speeding ticket though. Instead he had to write Roy up for an expired drivers license!! Ahhh! It expired on his birthday in December. We didn't even realize it expired. Ugh.

Aunt Susie said...

Darn. I hate when that happens. Melissa just got one on New Year's Day. She didn't know she was speeding, and she was very unhappy when she could not talk her way out of it.

Audra said...

I was going 20 over on my birthday. Luckily he gave me speeding instead of reckless... but it was my birthday... and I honestly did not know I was going that fast. I sort of zoned out!

Neil said...

$108 for 5 MPH!?!? Thats craziness!