Monday, March 23, 2009

Strong Interest Inventory

After I changed majors my freshman year I had no idea what I wanted to do. I decided to go to our university guidance center & take one of those tests to tell me for future career.

After I took the test, I excitedly grabbed my sheet to see what my top career would be. Much to my chagrin here were my results:
#1 career- "Child Care Provider"?!? For those of you who didn't know me "pre- having something grow in my womb" I really did NOT like children. I was NOT happy about this result, maybe even livid.

But hey, check it out, the test was right- I am a child care provider!


And to be honest the interest scale is VERY much me:
I think the "child care provider" thing came down to the work style and work environment. I'm kind of a fan of the laid back work environment & style. And, let's be honest, now I'm my own boss!

2 comments:

Kristal said...

Haha, I remember always cheating on those because I wanted to be a nurse... and nothing else. Maybe it would have been different if I had taken one to choose a major

Just SO said...

Yeah. Being your own boss is a pretty darn good thing.