Monday, April 13, 2009

REVIEW: Bear World

Saturday afternoon we went to Yellowstone Bear World. I have to attest to being skeptical about how cool this place would be. I get a little sad when I see animals in captivity. (I'm not an activist or anything but I'm one more pony ride at Farm Country from feeling guilty.)

To start, you drive through a little part with brown & black bears wandering around you cars.

After driving through you can go to the petting zoo. No cages, just a bunch of animals wandering around. Chickens, ducks, deer, goats, & an unfortunate looking hog. The kids had a lot of fun feeding & petting them.

The best part was this slightly creepy "county fair" type rides. We were the only one so the guy just walked around & put us on each ride. It was perfect for little ones.

All in all, it was fun- a little pricey (Grandma & Grandpa treated us- thanks guys!) but if it wasn't crowded like it was for us & you had time to wander around it's WELL WORTH IT!

5 comments:

Cranberryfries said...

I've driven by there a hundred times and we've never stopped but I've always wanted to at least once. Maybe next time.

Esther Noelle said...

Looks like fun. I can't believe Syd just standing there next to those animals! I bet Robby would have freaked!

Smithy said...

scary with all the bears running around

Audra said...

Levi and I went there when we were dating. It was a lot of fun! Some bear was starting to try to... ummm... get with another bear who was not interested and it was total Bear-version-of-Jerry-Springer drama! So we parked the car and watched and laughed. We were totally perfect for each other... haha!

Cindy said...

I've seen that place and often wondered... Thanks for the info! Looks like a fun time!