Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Mumford & Sons

I know not all of you guys watch videos or are interested in music but I can't let this band, Mumford & Sons, pass you guys by.

I've only heard these two songs but, WOW, they are gorgeous & not songs I normally would gravitate to (kind of foot stopping blue grass undertones w/ a banjo).

The 1st one is the music video so give it a couple seconds for the song to actually start- it's worth the wait:


The original cool music video version of this dropped the f-bomb so this is the edited version:


They are both great writing songs because they're emotional, but the lyrics don't tell you "too much", you can kind of make the songs about whatever you want.

Anyone heard of them? Is this your first listen- what did you think?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am a big fan! Who knew you had such good taste?

Audra said...

I heard it on the radio the other day and was quite taken by the whole song. The melody and the words are just great! Then today my friend in England shared this link of a internet collab of the song just today:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZPczXuL4Bs
Which I thought was a pretty little take on it! And it features a uke ;)!!!

Esther Noelle said...

Great songs... I love his voice!

Anonymous said...

I've downloaded their cd, but haven't had a chance to listen to it yet. I like what I've heard so far on the radio.

desert dispatches said...

Not to be snobby....but me and the kids been listening to this disc since last spring....and you should invest in the whole album...it is very good. Check out Josh Ritter also, if you like this. His newest, So Runs The World Away is dream music...I try to get everyone I know to like him.....