Tuesday, December 27, 2011
Highlights of Christmas Eve & Christmas Day:
1) We wrapped presents & got to play with the family!
2) We also decorated cookies & for dinner feasted on raclette (me lovely friend Monica gives a nice explanation of raclette here) & tons of crab & shrimp. It was SO GOOD!
3) After dinner, Santa made a surprise appearance bringing gold, frankincense, & myrrh & he talked about why we celebrate Christmas. It really brought us back to the spirit of the season.
4) Then the kids got to open their Christmas Eve jammies & hopped into bed!
5) We then woke up at a pre-dawn hour, as is customary with the Carter Clan & sat on the steps singing Christmas songs.
It was a lovely Christmas spent bonding with family, getting to know cousins better, & generally enjoying the spirit of the holidays! How was your Christmas spent?
P.S. Past Christmas FUN: 2010, 2009, 2008, & 2007