Tuesday, May 1, 2012
BARBACO BEEF- The first time I had this was at Chipotle (one of my favs). It's spicy slow cooked shredded beef. For reals people, you'd think you died & gone to heaven.
3 TB lime juice
4 canned chipotle peppers in Adobo sauce(I used 3 to cut down the spice)
1/2 a sweet onion
5 cloves garlic
4 tsp cumin
2 tsp oregano
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp black pepper
1/8 tsp ground clove
2 TB veggie oil
4 lb beef roast (I did a round roast)
1 cup beef broth
3 bay leaves
1. Combine lime juice, vinegar, onions, peppers, garlic, cumin, oregano, pepper, salt, & clove in a blender. Blend till smooth.
2. Cut beef into smaller pieces (you don't have to do this) & remove extra fat.
3. Sear the beef on sides until lightly brown (again you don't have to do this but I feel like it's done a WORLD of difference for my crock-potted meats).
4. Put beef in crock pot & pour the blended sauce over the beef. Add the beef brother & the bay leaves.
5. Cover & simmer for 6+ hours, turning every once in a while, until beef an be easily pulled apart.
This was SO TASTY!
P.S. I also made the copy-cat Chipotle guac from here.