Thursday, July 5, 2012

Nightly Walks

It's nice to use your body. Move the muscles & roll the joints. We have been taking nightly walks the past bit. Trying to reconnect with our bodies. Clear our minds. Poop the kiddlings out.

Tonight the clouds were rolling, roiling, gorgeous.
"It's going to rain," Scott declared pulling out our wagon. "We should make it short."
"Naw, it's far off still," I responded. Like I know what I'm talking about.
Welp, I was wrong. It poured on our little family. Only Linc came out undrentched, covered by the strollers shade.

Running in my slipping flip-flops, chasing my family through the much needed & prayed for rain, I felt grateful for my body. Thankful that it works. That I'm healthy.

I also felt a little bitter that I took the time blow dry my hair.


5 comments:

April Carter said...

You all look beautiful!

Esther Noelle said...

What fun! :) Yay for the rain!

Kristal said...

Ahaha, blow drying right before rain is always the worst! (that's a sympathetic 'aha' not a 'stink to be you aha btw)

Nightly walks are the bomb! Great way to relax the kids and just take some time to chill as a family.

Ashley said...

How many kiddlings do you have to eat before you can poop them out ;) I've given up on blow drying my hair when there is even a hint of rain - any moisture at all will just make it all wacky anyway!

Katie said...

I love this post.