Sunday, August 12, 2012

Sunday Family- August 12th


Oh Happy Sunday!

Please excuse our bedraggled appearance- we are all exhausted this Sunday. We woke up early to go to my lovely friend Malea's (check out some old school pics of us together) new baby boy's blessing & a little brunch at their house. I was up late last night working on some newsletter stuff for our church. Scott was at work from 3am -7am. And, for some unfathomable reason, none of the Carter children wanted to go to bed last night.

So, yeah, we're a family full of angry, stressed out, stuck-in-the-house-together-like-a-caged-death-match zombie people.
Stay away.

This last week, we were super busy- lots of organizing/ house projects & getting ready for school to start (hair cuts, backpacks, lunch stuff all together). I have to say I feel a little ill about Syd being at school longer than she is with me at home, but I'm hoping once she starts going I'll chill out a little. And we're all just holding our breath to see how Rob does with Kindergarten.
This next week we're going to soak up as much summer as we can in every way that we can. What are you guys doing to cap your summer? Suggestions are welcome! All I know is the pool, a county fair, & a backyard camp out are in our future. We'll let you know how it all goes!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I was going to suggest a backyard campout! Sleeping outside is my favorite, have fun!

Kristie said...

We did the zoo yesterday, checked out the new rocky shores exhibit. It is pretty awesome! And I would totally recommend a Sunday afternoon to go, hardly anyone there. :)

Rachel+Co said...

oh friend, i've been there with the grouchy family. we have a busy week too! i still need to fit in the haircuts! maybe tomorrow. hopefully. love ya.

Meagan Brooks said...

Love the sweater with the skirt! ;)

TLF said...

i'm dying for your sweater!

Esther Noelle said...

Whatever you guys all look great! But that sounds super stressful!!! What day do Syd & Rob start school? Hopefully we can squeeze in another 7 peaks day when i get back! Miss you!

Katie said...

This is our last week and I want a bunch of pool time...but it looks like rain. I kinda of feel like I am going to cry about the boys going back, though it is clear from the attitudes abounding that it is TIME.