Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Happy Birthday to my little Lincoln

My sweet little son. 

We knew we wanted you for a long time, but we also knew that when I was caring for my mom there was no way I could help her, chase your siblings, and  have a new baby. So, I imagine you waited patiently for the time I needed with my mom. The humility and the love that serving her gave me. I imagine you may have crossed paths. On her way out and your way in.

And, much like my mom, you bring a light to this family. I knew it when you were still growing and taking up space in me. That you, like babies are, were a connection to something Greater. And you have been. Contention flees when you smile. I am so grateful for that.

So, on this, your first birthday I snuggled you longer, tickled your toes until you howled with joy, peeked as you as you napped your worry-less sleep, and we all sang Happy Birthday to you countless times today. Celebrating the light you bring and the life you remind me of.

8 comments:

April Carter said...

beautifully written. Sure love that boy. So glad he came into our family.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe he's 1 already!

Happy birthday, Lincoln!

TLF said...

Whaaaaatt??!
A year already??!

Katie said...

Love this post Olivia

Kristal said...

Happy Birthday Linc! What a sweet little guy

Smithy said...

love the post, love that baby, love you!

anelieze castrejon said...

Super sweet words, Liv. And Happy 1st Birthday, Linc!

Esther Noelle said...

Finally got comments to work on this darn iPad -- love this post so much!!!! Such beautiful words. Love you!!!