Thursday, March 21, 2013

Happy Birthday to my First Born

Syd Star, my first born.

I know this beautiful soul was meant to be mine. She, like her dad, was meant to level me. To ground me. Just a touch of Sydney's hand in mine brings me back from the clouds of stress and disorganization I am flying on. She reminds me of appointments. Of assignments. Of directions. Of plans. And I remind her of drama. Of everyday beauty. Of individualism. Of creative disorganization. Of having fun. We are two halves of one whole of mother-daughter love. Sydney reminds me of my much adored mom, my bestfriend. She is so much like her. And I believe perhaps we are a cyclical whole of mothers and daughters. And I imagine years down the road Sydney is going to have a creative, messy, late, passionate daughter. And I'll smile knowing, that she'll be the other half to Sydney's whole like she's been for me. And I was for my mom.

On this your 7th year I wish you love and joy and friendship and books. I wish you giggles with your brothers and tickle fights with you daddy. I wish you sunshine and snow fights and little crushes on boys. I wish you creativity and expansion and spirituality and learning. Always learning. A striving for more in all of your life and yet a contentment with each and every moment. Happy Birthday Soul Sister and Delightful Daughter. My female compatriot in the Carter Clan. We ladies gotta stick together!

9 comments:

Carolyn said...

What a wonderful mom you are! I'm so proud of you!

brook said...

amazingly beautiful.

M said...

Beautiful tribute to Syd and to your mom. xo

Misty, Handbags + Handguns said...

This is great. She's gotten so big since I've been reading your blog!

Treble Clef ♪ said...

Lovely, Olivia.

Katie said...

Love the picture. Love the post.

Unknown said...

Happy birthday to your little lady. They do grow up fast don't they?

Eva Lavelle said...

What a beautiful post for your gorgeous girl....a big happy birthday Miss Sydney from across the sea .... A little present coming your way soon xx

Em and Russ said...

That was very sweet. I love that girl to death. Happy Birthday Syd! We love you!