Wednesday, September 24, 2008

New i-pod

I believe I failed to mention that FOREVER ago I got a new i-pod. I believe everyone mourned with me during the passing of my old ipod friend, so I thought you all deserved an update that bought a new one...

I did have interesting gender discussion with a guy working there. We took the i-pod up to the register. The check out guy looks at Scott & here is our conversation:

Check Out Guy
: "Is this your first ipod, bro?" (incidentally it drives Scott crazy when strangers call him bro... or bud- Be Warned!)
Scott: "No, it's not our first & it's hers" he points to me & I grin like an idiot excited for my purchase
Check Out Guy: "Oh, cause you got the dude one."
*Insert confused look on my face*
Check Out Guy: "Guys buy the black ones, girls buy the gray ones"
So apparently I have the "manly i-pod" but I love it just the same.

8 comments:

anelieze castrejon said...

Hey! Thanks for your comments :) And about the "manly i-pod," who cares?? Buy whatever you want! Break those gender chains we all wear :D Have a great day!

Esther Noelle said...

What a crazy DUDE! :) Rock it girl!

Malea said...

I can't really understand how black is somehow more masculine. I can see the blue/pink sterotype, but grey/black?! What the heck? Maybe it's just Provo...

Anonymous said...

If you shop at a place that calls people "bro" and "dude" then you deserve it. What do they call the girls? Or maybe in Provo girls don't go shopping for such things? You know, let men counsel with their women and then it's really up to the guy to make the important purchase decisions like home, car, and iPod. :-)

Kristal said...

you have a knack for attracting the sexists don't you? ahah, i laughed when i read this, then I laughed even more when I wrote on Scott's facebook wall(you should check it)

Scott said...

I hate you Kristal... :)

Cindy said...

Congrats on the new I-Pod!

April Carter said...

I wish I could read what Kristal wrote..(: I hate guys calling me mame or madame. I know I am old...but not that old.