Wednesday, November 9, 2011

What makes a family....


This is my whole family.
We're not a big family.
We probably look a little different from other families.
We're separated by land and loss.
But we have the most important thing you need to be a family,
Love.

I've been thinking a lot about family since my mom passed away one year ago today. I'm feeling a little tender. A little lost. A little lonely. But also joyful remembering her astounding life & all that she has given me.

Please enjoy some more posts about my mom:
pictures of her, a grief quilt, gratitude, a "grandma date", silver lining, rainy day fun, a birthday party, & out and about with my mom.

9 comments:

My Mercurial Nature said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. I imagine that even a year later your heart must still be hurting.

Malea said...

I'm so sorry I didn't come see you today! I should have made more of an effort to be there for you, my dear friend!

Also, I don't mean to be contradictory, but you're family is MUCH bigger than your picture. :) You've got sisters that LOVE and care more for you than you know!

Sharon said...

We love, love, love your family! I really miss not being able to visit Marie when we go to Salt Lake. I feel that we are forgetting something. I'll bet that she was there with Papa welcoming Aunt Joyce home last week. I'm so glad that we were able to get such a nice picture of your family last year.

Chad Coleman said...

Love you Olivia.

Katie said...

That was Katie :o) Though I am sure my husband loves you too....in his own, manly, platonic way.

Smithy said...

what a great picture of everyone. this past year has just flown by. sure loved that momma of yours. i have some really fond high school memories of her.

greeniejoey said...

Olivia your mom is truly a wonderful woman and I can see parts of her in you.

M said...

What a nice family photo! It's good to see your mom again (or at least a photo of her) and be reminded of what she looked like and who she was. I have been thinking about her and you a lot this week too, knowing it was the anniversary of her passing. I miss her too.

Sending you a big hug, my brave friend. xoxo

Aunt Susie said...

Thank you for sharing your beautiful pictures. I am proud of you and know that your mom loved you very much and is there watching over you. I still have a deep hole in my heart from the loss of your mom. Thank you for bringing her such joy...