Thursday, May 31, 2012

Dentist Fun

At our last cleaning the dentist said both Syd & Rob had cavities. This is unheard of for me, A) I am pretty darn good at getting them to brush & floss AND B) I've had ONE sorta cavity in my life. I felt better when the hygienist said that it really is mostly genetics.


So, ha! Take that Scott Carter I have one positive gene that I could possibly pass on. Most of my other inheritable genes are for the negative (ie: deafness, blindness, big nose, ADD, thin hair, pale skin, & the list goes on & on).

Anyway, I was worried about how the kids would do, but in all honesty they have no context for being afraid of the dentist- they've only had good experiences. I also "forgot" to mention to them that it involves a shot. Our dentist was amazing- hhe hid the needle from them & they still don't know to this day that they had two shots of novocaine.

They also had some nitrous oxide which I've never had before & it didn't seem to make a big difference. The dentist said they probably wouldn't need any the next time they come in.

Here's to hoping there isn't a next time- I was probably more stressed than they were!

P.S. More Carter dental adventures here.

3 comments:

Esther Noelle said...

Whew glad that went well! I know what you mean about being more stressed out than them!

Rachel+Co said...

look at those happy kids! and fingers crossed for no more cavities.

Katie said...

So, Gabe had cavities by the time he was two. Colin has never had a cavity. We did exactly the same things with both - Gabe is just unlucky. I am with you - finally a BAD trait he didn't get from me. He may have gotten my forehead, short legs/long body, speech problems...but I have GREAT, straight teeth (and Chad does not ;o)