Thursday, May 31, 2012

Dentist Fun

At our last cleaning the dentist said both Syd & Rob had cavities. This is unheard of for me, A) I am pretty darn good at getting them to brush & floss AND B) I've had ONE sorta cavity in my life. I felt better when the hygienist said that it really is mostly genetics.


So, ha! Take that Scott Carter I have one positive gene that I could possibly pass on. Most of my other inheritable genes are for the negative (ie: deafness, blindness, big nose, ADD, thin hair, pale skin, & the list goes on & on).

Anyway, I was worried about how the kids would do, but in all honesty they have no context for being afraid of the dentist- they've only had good experiences. I also "forgot" to mention to them that it involves a shot. Our dentist was amazing- hhe hid the needle from them & they still don't know to this day that they had two shots of novocaine.

They also had some nitrous oxide which I've never had before & it didn't seem to make a big difference. The dentist said they probably wouldn't need any the next time they come in.

Here's to hoping there isn't a next time- I was probably more stressed than they were!

P.S. More Carter dental adventures here.

5 comments:

Esther Noelle said...

Whew glad that went well! I know what you mean about being more stressed out than them!

Rachel+Co said...

look at those happy kids! and fingers crossed for no more cavities.

Katie said...

So, Gabe had cavities by the time he was two. Colin has never had a cavity. We did exactly the same things with both - Gabe is just unlucky. I am with you - finally a BAD trait he didn't get from me. He may have gotten my forehead, short legs/long body, speech problems...but I have GREAT, straight teeth (and Chad does not ;o)

Danieledward said...

We’re devoted to making our patients feel comfortable and attractive in their smiles.
It is why they look to us for dental problems.
There’s no reason to think that you must conceal your smile any longer since we will assist you in getting that beautiful, flawless smile you’ve always dreamed of.
We’re happy to discuss your concerns. Our goal is to make your visit easy and comfortable.
dental implants santa clarita

Danieledward said...



We offer our patients the highest quality, custom dental treatment to meet their individual needs. It’s all about taking care of our patients like family and providing the highest quality of dental care. Don’t just take our word for it. Please make an appointment now to discover why we’re the most highly rated dentists within Santa Clarita, California.
emergency dentist near me