1. Buy a package of sugar cookie dough, lemon curd, & get together eggs, sugar, & Cream of Tarter to make a meringue. You also need a mini-cupcake pan & Pam.
2. Spray down the mini-cupcake pan with lots of Pam (or you will get uber sticking of the cookies). The sugar cookies work as the crust so press them down & to the sides to make a little cup.
3. Cook for 10-ish minutes (watch them) at 350 degrees. If they puff up like cookies don't worry, then you pull them out to cool, they will settle into little cups.
4. After they cool, add lemon curd(which totally freaked me out until I tasted it. It tastes just like normal lemon filling & it's so good). You could probably use a lemon pudding, but lemon curd has a strong more tart lemon taste.
5. Make the meringue. I used 2 egg whites, 3 TBS of sugar & a little bit Cream of Tarter (like a tsp?) Beat the egg whites until they are frothy, add sugar slowly & Cream of Tarter, beat until "soft peaks" (or stiff peaks).
6. Spread over the meringue, & low broil until the peaks are lightly brown (like 4 minutes).
7. Enjoy! They really do look impressive- it'll be our little secret!
P.S. My other impressive but ridiculously easy dessert can be found here!