The hard part about expecting the worst is that as soon as something bad happens you think, "See, I knew the bottom would fall out". You don't leave a chance to even feel joy of day-to-day life. Outwardly I'm a pretty upbeat & positive person. Inside though, I'm a destructive worrier. So, I've made a goal this past month to be more positive.
Hence here's my little list of ways to have daily positive thinking:
1. Stop saying bad things to yourself. Especially outloud. This is so ridiculously hard for me & I know I'm not the only one. I don't allow my kids to do it, I shouldn't allow myself to.
2. Say nice things to yourself. Especially outloud. I've made this a recent goal & it's hard sometimes to say, "I'm the bomb at that!". It feels vain. But it's not. 'Cause you are the bomb at it.
3. Be grateful. I've started asking Scott every night in bed to tell me one thing he is grateful for that day, then I tell him one thing I'm grateful for. Even on the hard days, this puts it all in perspective.
4. Surround yourself with positive people. Seriously though, I have awesome friends who are full of upbeat radness.
5. Be the positive person that positive people want to be around. I've always had the goal to not bring the people around me down but I've been working harder on that. I complain & grumble all the time, especially to close friends, but I try hard to make my complaining funny whenever possible.
Which brings me to my last one...
6. Have a sense of humor. Even in my darkest hours I've tried to laugh. Find the humor in the blackness. I have a husband who excels at this & never ceases to make me giggle, even when I'm crying.
So, there you go, friends! Hope you all feel positive & perky. Feel free to leave a positive comment on some ways that you stay positive!