Wednesday, August 15, 2012

REVIEW: The Raven Boys

The Raven Boyscomes out September 18th, but I was lucky enough to borrow an ARC (Advanced Reader Copy) from the lovely Meagan who went to BEA this year. And though I have already read this book, when it comes out I will buy my own copy.

It is brilliant. Brilliant. And the main character is named Blue. I mean, come on, read it just for that! It's about magic, and ley lines, and a small Virginia town.

It's written beautifully, but with a lot of humor & wit. It's quick, but complex. And the author, Maggie Stiefvater, is just... I don't even know the word but I wish I could condense it & put it in a pill. (She's written two other books that I loved Shiver & The Scorpio Races).

I pretty much spent the last half of the book like this...

Dishes and small children be darned.

She is actually coming to Utah in October &, I tell you guys, I'm gonna be there front & center in hopes that I can somehow obtain her "je ne sais quoi" through osmosis. Join me?

5 comments:

brook said...

me! me! i want to come!

Rachel+Co said...

once this dang soccer tournament is over, i will devour that book. can't wait!

i am sad to be gone when she is coming here, i think she'll be in orem AND slc. i would totally stalk her at both places if i wasn't going to be out of town. please bring a cut out of me when you meet her. she is so sweet in person; i can't wait for you to meet her!

Kristal said...

Sounds awesome! I'm just starting to catch up on some of my reading (I go through phases where I just can't concentrate long enough to finish a book)so I'll have to add this one to my ever growing list!

Wish I could be there to go meet the author with you, meeting Stephanie Meyer was a blast!

Katie said...

Just put a library request in for both Scorpio Race and The Raven Boys. Yay!

Eva Lavelle said...

Oh I do love a good book review....will be sure to keep an eye out for this beauty!