Friday, August 23, 2013

A Trek West- PORTLAND

Earlier this summer the kids and I headed out to Portland to visit my dad and also celebrate his 65th birthday! I have grown to love Portland in out past trips there (here and here) but this trip was honestly one of the best.

The kids traveled really well this time. A mini miracle in and of itself.

Let me just say, Portland has fantastic food. I mean, off the charts and we found some very kid friendly places this time, which can be hard in a city. We had yummy Roman Noodles, the great local burger place Burgerville, an all Mac&Cheese place, and a very cool sushi place where the sushi travels around on a conveyer-belt and you pay by the plate (by far my most favs!).
Portland also has some crazy cool stores. Rob's favorite was the huge Lego store. He could have stayed there for hours and spent a small fortune. Syd loved the cool thrift store for art/craft supplies. We both could have spent hours and spent a small fortune. It was so much fun!
The kids loved the OMSI (Oregon Museum of Science and Industry), but mostly they loved hanging out with Grandpas.
I think if the kids & I had to pick a most favorite part of the trip it would be the ENCHANTED FOREST. You guys, this place had just enough to do to be fun, and was just ghetto enough to be awesome! It was perfect- empty, a little creepy, and oh so cool. The place is full of hidden caves and tunnels and slides. It's hard to describe if you've never been there but trust me it is a place not to be missed. We were there in the pouring rain and it made it that much more awesome. Basically, go now, you guys. You won't regret it!
Hooray Portland!

3 comments:

Robyn Oakes said...

Looks like you guys had an awesome time.
By the way, I know you're a champion thrifter. I knew all the good stores in San Diego, but I have no idea where to go here. Suggestions? We're in Riverton.

Buck Jeppson said...

It was so much fun having you here. As always, it was way too short and you brought weird weather.

M said...

Wow, looks like a terrific trip! Go Portland!