Wednesday, November 11, 2009

One man's trash is another man's treasure...

Our local thrift store had a 50% off all clothing & accessories sale. Man, that place was jam packed crazy town (& the crazies were out in force).

I'm not sure what I was thinking seeing as I'm just barely feeling human after being sick for days, but Es & I went anyway & even found a couple things.

This one was my "treasure" find...


Come on... that's rad! Not only llamas but "PERU!" emblazoned on the ear flaps. My dad (who served his LDS mission in Peru & Columbia) would be proud.

Want to see other treasures I've found in the past while thrift shopping? Look here, here, here, & here.

What are some treasures you've found while thrifting?

P.S. Here's a picture of the kids I posted on Twitter. What? You don't follow me on Twitter? Then you'll miss such THRILLING updates as "my nose is clogged" or "Skinny jeans. Yea or Nay?"

8 comments:

kaitlin said...

ohh man my cousins have a hat like that from peru and i've always wanted it! i can't believe you found it!

Smithy said...

i am totally jealous of all the awesome shoes you find.

Cindy said...

Cool hat! I want one of those!! I wish I could go thrifting with you ladies!!

Kristal said...

sweet buy! you should hang out with Annie more often, that girl hasn't bought clothes at a normal store in years... you could go thrifting together! (and she gets back from India this month)

I do love a good thrift store. We found a second hand store here and it was totally LAME.

Em and Russ said...

LOVE THE PERU HAT!!!!!!!!!!!!! You forgot to mention that your brother-in-law who also served a mission in Peru would be very proud.

Olivia Carter said...

Kaitlin- I know! Isn't it rad. A woman at the store saw me buying it & was like, "Wow, that's a find!" And I was like, "Oh, I know." HA!

Smithy- I know... I do have a talent in the shoe department. Helps to have gargantuan feet too. Less to pick from but less get picked through (oh man, I'm clever)

Cindy- Oh, Cindy, you don't know how many days I think, "I wish Cindy was here!"

Kristal- Annie would be a good thrifting partner b/c we aren't the same size. It's the worst to go with someone who is your size & takes all the stuff before you get to it!

Em & Russ- Yes, Russ too! Sorry! I forget! He'd be proud too!

April Carter said...

Love the hat. Now you need an Alpaca sweater to go with it.

Susan said...

Olivia... Seriously, kindred spirits. I was HONEST TO GOODNESS just telling Bryan the other day that I would love to have a hat with llamas on it, and here you are!

And may I also point out that I love your usage of the word Rad. I myself love it, and love to hear others who grew up in my time say it!

RAD RAD RAD!